BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 25 December 2009

Rose?


I shivered as I felt an icy chill travel down my neck. Rumor has it a child died here...


Entangled in my own thoughts, I watched on sombrely. Happy children giggled and chattered spreading glitter over Christmas cards, the walls, and the floor too. One child looked like an angel. Big Innocent eyes, blond springy ringlets and a big cheesy smile to match. She turned to look as she became aware I was staring at her.


Before I could stop myself, my daughters name escaped my lips. Rose? I whispered hoarsely. The word repeated its self like an echo in my head. Rose? Forcing itself out and shattering like shards of glass into a thousand pieces.


Mothers turned to face me, expressions of shock possessing their features.


''lunatic'' cried one woman, with dark brown eyes and an expression of poison on her face.


''I...I...I was just''...I stammered out trying to explain myself. It was no use. My words flew out like a slap in the face. Desperately trying to steady myself, I grabbed hold of the nearest hand I could reach. Tears streamed down my face leaving glistening tracks.


Rose a voice inside me screamed.


''my baby come here''


But it was no use. My words hit the walls and re bounded. No presence here but my own.

Rose had long ago descended. I was just a lunatic with a heart stuffed full to the brim of insanity.

12 comments:

Bene said...

Wow, short but intense o.o

Soph and Nanda said...

XD I can't believe you commented! Thank you :D
and yes...look out or me and my insane ideas might come after you
;-)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

wow. good stuff. powerful. didn't want it to stop. Where'd you get the passion??? the intensity???

Soph and Nanda said...

Thank you Sarah :)
The ideas just sort of come into my head. The passion builds up inside me and I let it all out when I am writing.

Bene said...

She probably has someone who makes her passionate all the time xD I heard some people do.

Jenny said...

Hi Soph and Nanda, i like your work and i really appreciate your talent. Great blog & I suggest you must choose blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing.They are offering very unique features with cheap prices. the team of blogerzoom will promote ur blog through all over the network , all u have to do is choose a pack and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every network. and see how u enjoy a lot while blogging. finally happy new year to u.

Anonymous said...

A bit rough perhaps...but the concept was good.

Unknown said...

very good..admire your talent and skill..Happy New Year

Soph and Nanda said...

@Bene...yes I bet your dying to know who he is aswell aren't you?

@Gav...thank you. Yes I agree,It definatlty needs some touching up.

Agnes said...

Oh wow, you sure know how to write.
(My first time here.)
Happy New Year :-)

Soph and Nanda said...

@Agnes~~ Thank you :D Happy new to you too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.